Saturday 6 May 2017

The first poster of Manikarnika - The Queen Of Jhansi


Manikarnika poster: Kangana Ranaut is a fiery Queen of Jhansi

Kangana Ranaut and the team of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi launched the poster of the film on the banks on Ganga in Varanasi.

Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut, who launched the first poster of her upcoming film Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi, has said she plans to venture into direction and added that it will be a comedy film.
Asked about the genre of the film, the Rangoon star said: “Comedy.”“I want to move on to the next phase which means that I will focus on my career as a filmmaker and if I act I will act in my film so ..After ‘Manikarnika’ I’m directing my film.”
Kangana is also makes her debut as a writer with Hansal Mehta’s film Simran. She also said, “Simran is such a cosy and intimate story of a character ...it’s a lot about her psyche just like Queen...it’s a lot about the linear graph of an individual...you can involve yourself in that. But for something like this (Manikarnika) you need to have screenwriter of Baahubali for that so V. Vijayendra Prasad sir and Prasoon sir are the right people for this film,” Kangana said.
“As much as I would love to be in a league like this but I think I need a couple of 10-20 years,” she added.
“I agree that I am rebellious but she (Rani Laxmi Bai) was a rebel with a cause that makes her a hero...I rebel because if my instincts want me too. So that makes me a badass. She’s a hero,” Kangana further said.


Laxmibai, whose maiden name was Manikarnika, was born in Varanasi in 1828 to a Brahmin family. This is why the makers decided to unveil the film’s first official poster in the city.
Kangana, who looked every inch the fiery queen on the film’s poster, hoped that people would love Manikarnika the way they have appreciated her previous roles.

1 comment: