Saturday 20 August 2016

Ali Fazal to play Queen Victoria’s lover Abdul Karim in his next film, opposite Judi Dench


With Happy Bhag Jayegi, Ali Fazal is back on the screen as Amritsar boy, Guddu. His next will be a completely different ball game where he will play Abdul Karim, Queen Victoria’s alleged lover and one of the biggest secrets of British royal family. The actor on his journey so far and what is yet to come.
We have seen you as an engineering student in 3 idiots and as a supportive friend in Bobby Jasoos. What is your character Guddu in Happy Bhag Jayegi all about?
You’re going to see me in a very different pace in Happy Bhag Jayegi. It’s again a love story. It’s not about just one character or two characters or three, so I think it’s beautifully balanced out and narrated. Here I am Guddu who’s childhood friends with Happy. In the beginning of the film, you’ll see that Happy will be getting married to a corporator and Guddu tried to help her run away. Then a mistake happens and she lands up in Pakistan. And then the film eventually tells a story about how Guddu reaches there, how she comes back to him and how Abhay’s character Bilal helps her out. So I feel it is definitely in a different space. This is the first time I have played a Punjabi character and I’m quite pleased. I have not watched any of my films so you have to tell me how I am.

News By: Mehak mehra

No comments:

Post a Comment